Monday, June 10, 2013

Healthy lunch in New Orleans Square at Disneyland

During a trip to Disneyland a couple weeks ago, I tried the Na Awlin's Salad from the French Market for the first time. I wanted something light and healthy since I knew I would be eating some more indulgent foods later. 
The menu described the salad as a lettuce medley, julienned yams, Granny Smith apples, caramelized pecans, lentils, and tart cherries with a citrus vinaigrette. The price is $10.99. It was hand tossed right in front of me when I ordered. I really enjoyed it. I usually go for a salad with chicken or beef, but this one didn't need it because it was very filling. I loved how the vinaigrette tied in all the flavors really well. I even cleaned my plate(this is rare). And I believe it was a vegan dish which is a great option for many guests. It is also served with your choice of jalepeƱo cheddar cornbread or a dinner roll. I chose the cornbread. I was not as much of a fan of the cornbread. The flavor just was not what I was expecting. Next time, I would get the roll. 
I will probably be enjoying this again this summer while listening to the live jazz band that plays in the seating area and watching all the people moving about New Orleans Square.

No comments:

Post a Comment