Sunday, August 18, 2013

Christmas in July at Disneyland

A few weeks ago, I spent some time at my favorite place: Disneyland! My main priority during this trip was experiencing the Limited Time Magic of Christmas in July. This year, the Disney parks have been providing guests with special shows, experiences, and food offerings for a limited time. You can find out what is next online. They usually update the Limited Time Magic website for both Walt Disney World and Disneyland on a weekly basis. I was excited when I read that they were bringing back peppermint ice cream for a week to celebrate Christmas in July. They also mentioned that there would be other holiday-themed sweet treats. 
The well-liked, seasonal treat was offered at The Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor on Main St. Since I was getting the peppermint ice cream, I figured I might as well go all out and get the sundae. For $9.99, you got peppermint ice cream and hot fudge topped with whipped cream, sprinkles, and a candy cane in a souvenir cup. It was worth it! The sweet peppermint ice cream is really good and the hot fudge just makes it even better. Of course, a sundae wouldn't be a sundae without the whipped cream and sprinkles. The candy cane was the perfect garnish. People even admired how yummy it looked while walking past me down Main St. 
There were some other sweet treats to celebrate Christmas in July. The Candy Palace had marshmallow wands and pretzel rods (pictured below) decorated for Christmas. The Jolly Holiday Bakery had gingerbread cookies, cupcakes, and peppermint coffee drinks (not pictured, sorry).
There are special Limited Time Magic offerings for Annual Passholders (APs) as well. On two nights during that week, they had a special screening of the Muppet Christmas Carol. Since I love Christmas and I had never seen this movie, I went to take advantage of the AP event. They even had the Muppets Christmas songs playing in the Muppet Vision theater before the movie started. It was a cute movie and a nice experience with other Disneyland fans. 
I'm looking forward to the next Limited Time Magic. It's nice to be able to go and experience so many of them. Oh, and I'm already excited for Christmas. 

2 comments:

  1. never knew this was even going on at Disney! Thanks for the information!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! This week will be a good one. It's probably one of the most popular Limited Time Magic events. Check it out.

      Delete