Sunday, September 1, 2013

Soup and Salad in Pacific Wharf


During a recent trip to Disneyland and Disney California Adventure (DCA), we made our way through Hollywood Land and A Bug's Land to the Pacific Wharf before going to Paradise Pier in DCA. We had to fuel up before riding Toy Story Midway Mania.

There are several quick-service restaurants in this area, but we decided on Pacific Wharf Cafe. It is one of my favorites.
I love the sourdough bread bowls.

Here is the Sonoma Chicken and Apple Salad that I ordered. It is served in a huge bread bowl made in  the Boudin bread factory in the same building. You can take a tour of the factory with free samples throughout the day. 
The bread bowl is filled with lettuce, Granny Smith apples, chicken salad, and topped with dried cranberries and chives. It is really tasty and filling. Not bad for $9.99. (Annual Passholders also receive a discount here.) I usually can only eat the salad and top of the bread bowl. I ask for a bag to take the bowl home to eat later. Don't forget the butter!
This is the Loaded Baked Potato Soup in a bread bowl that my friend had. I didn't try it, but when the weather gets colder, I'm definitely going to try this. It looks good.
After our meal, we were ready for the rest of our night.

No comments:

Post a Comment