Sunday, September 29, 2013

Mac and cheese pizza?

Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta is a quick-service restaurant in Disney's California Adventure (DCA). I decided to eat here for the first time at the beginning of this month because they were bringing back a Limited Time Magic food offering. Macaroni and Cheese Pizza! I know it sounds a little weird, but I heard good things about it the first time, so I thought I would give it a try. 
When you walk in to Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta, there are 3 sections: pasta, flatbread pizza, and salad. You grab a tray, head to a section, and pick up the food items you want. At the pizza station, this is the flatbread pizza menu that you can always find. They sometimes have a seasonal menu item.
I spotted this sign of the seasonal menu item and picked up the pizza. The mac and cheese pizza was first put on the menu for the Monstrous Summer All-Nighter 24-hour event that was held at the beginning of summer. (That was fun event. There were so many unique experiences for just that one day. And, yes, I was there for 24 hours.) I didn't get this pizza at the event because there was so much going on and so many other special menu items I had to try (for example, Plaza Inn Fried Chicken and Mickey Waffles). So, when they brought it back for the week of National Cheese Pizza day, I made sure to go get it.
The mac and cheese pizza is as delicious as the sign makes it sound. I loved the crispiness of the flatbread, the bacon, and all the cheese. The mac and cheese was a lot like having extra cheese on top of a cheese pizza with bacon. It was great. And to think that I ever doubted it.
I also enjoyed the seating area in front of the restaurant. It's a large area with lots of tables and seats. This picture was just one small part of it. It was very relaxing and peaceful. I liked the lights in the trees and taking in all of the sights and sounds around me. The castmembers were keeping it very clean, as always. As I went to throw out my garbage, one castmemeber took my tray and wished me a goodnight. Great service! Now, I'm just hoping that the macaroni and cheese pizza will make its way back on the menu sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment