Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving Treats for Limited Time Magic

This past week, Disneyland chose food as the focus for Limited Time Magic. Of course, that meant that I had to go and check it out. 
This was also my first time seeing the parks decorated for Christmas this year. I love this time of year.
Even the Dapper Dans get into the spirit.
My first food stop was at the Jolly Holiday Bakery. 
I love the Mary Poppins theme. I watched that movie a lot as a kid.
I got a caramel apple muffin for $3.19. I love caramel apples (especially Disney's) so I knew I would like it. Underneath the crumb topping, there were a couple of pieces of thinly sliced apple. The caramel made the muffin a little gooey, but still delicious. I hope  they still have this the next time I'm there. The cast member that helped me said that she waits all year for this to come back in season. Now, I will too.
Then, I headed into California Adventure to Cars Land. It is one of the few areas that transforms for Christmas.
Flo's V8 Cafe had another Limited Time Magic item. 
I love all of the details that they have in here. 
It really feels like you could be thrown back to the 1950's. 
This Christmas tree matches the decor perfectly. 
While I was in Flo's, I ordered the pumpkin pie hot chocolate. This appealed to me because I love hot chocolate and I have been enjoying all the pumpkin treats this season. The subtle pumpkin flavor was nice, but after a while it just tasted like the regular Disneyland hot chocolate to me. This tasty drink costs $3.19.
Later on, I made my way back over to Disneyland. I had to go to Tomorrowland to try the sweet potato turnovers ($5.19) from the Tomorrowland Terrace. 
Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite Thanksgiving side dishes and sweet potato pie is my favorite kind of pie. These turnovers were like eating sweet potatoes in a crispy, fried pie crust that was sprinkled with powdered sugar. They were great!
On that quick trip, that's all my stomach had room for. I can't wait to go back and try some other new things and have some old favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment