Sunday, December 15, 2013

Gingerbread Beignets and Pumpkin Pie Hot Chocolate

I've been enjoying the holidays in Disneyland and California Adventure. The decorations throughout both parks are pretty remarkable. 
There are also plenty of seasonal treats. I snapped these pictures above while on my way to try some of them in New Orleans Square.
Of course, I had to back to the Mint Julep Bar to try the gingerbread beignets. This is the 3-pack for $4.19. You can look back at my original and pumpkin beignets posts if you missed them.
It's almost too cute to eat...,but that didn't stop me. I really liked this flavor as well. If you like gingerbread, then you will like these.
Here's a shot of the inside of a beignet. You just have to go and try them yourself. Don't forget that you can also order them at Cafe Orleans.
The beignets are even better with some hot chocolate (or coffee if you prefer). I decided to get the pumpkin pie hot chocolate again since I heard how much someone else enjoyed it. The one that I got from my previous post did not come with whipped cream. For this reason, I decided that I needed a do-over.
This already looked much better to me. Whipped cream and a  little bit of shaved chocolate were placed on top. It really made all the difference. I enjoyed this one a lot more than the first time. The subtle pumpkin flavor mixed with chocolate is delicious. It tasted really good along with the gingerbread beignets. This was a perfect chilly afternoon treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment