Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Disneyland Halloween Time Eats

Happy Halloween! This fall, I was able to make it to Disneyland and Disney California Adventure a couple of times during the Halloween Time celebration. Of course, I had to try out some the Halloween eats and treats in the parks. 
Disneyland California Adventure Halloween eats and treats
The first thing on my list to try was the Bat Wing Raspberry Sundae at Clarabelle's on Buena Vista Street. The white chocolate raspberry swirl ice cream is to die for. I didn't pick up on the white chocolate flavor too much, but the raspberry swirl was like having a little bit of raspberry sorbet mixed in with the ice cream. The chocolate bat cookies were delicious. I wish they sold some chocolate cookies like them in the candy shops. The sundae is served in a chocolate dipped waffle bowl, topped with a mound of whipped cream, and spattered with raspberry sauce. I'm going to miss this sundae.
bat wing raspberry ice cream sundae
One of the the treats offered in Cars Land was the Spoke-y Cone Macaron. It perfectly matches the theme for the location.
spoke-y cone macaron with marshmallow buttercream and candy corn
Inside the macaron is marshmallow buttercream and candy corn. It is very sweet, but oh so good. It is big enough to share. I would actually recommend that if you don't have a big sweet tooth. 
spoke-y cone macaron marshmallow buttercream and candy corn center

Just across from the Cozy Cone Motel is Flo's V8 Cafe where I went to try the Car-achnid Pot Pie. It's a chicken pot pie with dried cranberries and a spider crust. This was the only savory Halloween Time food item I tried and I was not disappointed. I wasn't sure how I would like the cranberries in the pie, but I was pleasantly surprised at how well the flavor combination worked. And most of all, I loved the buttery, flaky crust.
car-achnid chicken pot pie
The last Halloween-inspired treat I tried was the Spider Silk Ice Cream Sandwich from Clarabelle's Hand Scooped Ice Cream on Buena Vista Street. I've been wanting to try charcoal ice cream since it has become a trendy thing at a lot of ice cream shops. I figured I might as well try this charcoal-tart cherry ice cream sandwiched between a black macaron. It is also topped with raspberry sauce and popping candy. It was really messy, but worth it. I really enjoyed the cherry and raspberry flavors. And for the popping candy, I forgot about them until one popped surprisingly popped in my mouth. They definitely make the dish fun to eat. 
spider silk macaron ice cream sandwich with charcoal ice cream
I enjoyed all the the eats and treats that I was able to try this year. I'm impressed that they added so many food items to menus all around both parks this year, but disappointed that I didn't get to try out more of them. Now, I'm looking forward to what appears on menus for the holidays. 
Thanks for an epic Halloween season Disneyland!

No comments:

Post a Comment